none
Custom Style for HTML Client

Question

• Good Evening, 

I Was wondering if there is any documentation as to how to customize the layout of the HTML client on lightswitch 2013, for example if i wanted to create a layout using Twitter bootstrap for a business web application. or am i limited to use the jquerymobile styles. 

Thank you

Regards,

Franz Silva

Monday, March 24, 2014 4:06 AM

Answers

• Also look at this thread regarding the SyncFusion components: Essential Studio for JavaScript

You may also want to look at the ComponentOne LightSwitch offering here: Studio for LightSwitch HTML

I do realize the above are components rather than customizing the HTML layout per se as per your original question, but it does offer you some examples of what can be done through components.

I've not personally had much luck with Bootstrap and Lightswitch, I found that it did not play nicely with jQueryMobile, but YMMV as they say.

There are also some articles on the Lightswitch team blog (e.g. by Beth Massi) on how to take the default Lightswitch theme CSS files and putting it through the jQueryModule theme roller to change some aspects of the look and feel.

Hope the above provide you with some options.

Regards, Xander. My Blog

Monday, March 24, 2014 8:21 AM

All replies

• Have a look at my blog (linked to below) for one article on how to customize the header. Unfortunately this is all unsupported and you have to sort of get creative. Custom controls is obviously the other way to do a lot of customization. I'm having quite a bit of success with the SyncFusion javascript library at the moment for example.

Regards, Xander. My Blog

Monday, March 24, 2014 7:55 AM
  • Also look at this thread regarding the SyncFusion components: Essential Studio for JavaScript

You may also want to look at the ComponentOne LightSwitch offering here: Studio for LightSwitch HTML

I do realize the above are components rather than customizing the HTML layout per se as per your original question, but it does offer you some examples of what can be done through components.

I've not personally had much luck with Bootstrap and Lightswitch, I found that it did not play nicely with jQueryMobile, but YMMV as they say.

There are also some articles on the Lightswitch team blog (e.g. by Beth Massi) on how to take the default Lightswitch theme CSS files and putting it through the jQueryModule theme roller to change some aspects of the look and feel.

Hope the above provide you with some options.

Regards, Xander. My Blog

Monday, March 24, 2014 8:21 AM