none
Bluetooth Le auto connecting is not working on windows 10 1709 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I just updated to windows 10 1709, and auto connecting is not working on paired bluetooth le devices.

• I'm using WPF and just added reference to use bluetooth le library (C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\UnionMetadata\Windows.winmd) - see details
    • Paring and connecing is okay.
    • However, auto connection is not working anymore on windows 10 1709 after connection is broken.
    • Also bluetooth operation is failing (below is error message while reading characterisic) 
    2017-10-24 12:34:05,429 [1] ERROR  : 6e400005-b5a3-f393-e0a9-e50e24dcca9e,
    System.ArgumentException: 
       위치: System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
       위치: System.Runtime.Compile

Please give me any clue to solve this problem!

### for rerence

Also, I have an issue on authority, and solved by editing register values(To add AccessPermission) see detail

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 4:06 AM

All replies

•                 _bluetoothLeDevice = await BluetoothLEDevice.FromIdAsync(DeviceInfo.Id);

if (_bluetoothLeDevice == null)
                    {
                        _logger.Error($"FromIdAsync({Name}) returned null");
                        return;
                    }
                    var result = await _bluetoothLeDevice.GetGattServicesAsync(BluetoothCacheMode.Uncached);
                    if (result.Status == GattCommunicationStatus.Success)
                    {
                        _logger.Error("Success");
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        _logger.Error("Unrechable");
                    }

* Just changed windows 10 SDK to 10.0.16299.0 and the result is same. 

* When I read services, Always _bluetoothLeDevice gives me unreachable.

* _bluetoothLeDevice.GetGattServicesAsync(BluetoothCacheMode.Uncached) is succeeded only after pairing.

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 7:02 AM
  • Hi Sangwon,

Thanks for trying out our Api.  The device will be disconnected automatically if no "reference" is available to hold the connection (or passively connect to a connectable device). Windows will only automatically connect to a device if an application is trying to listen to value change notifications either directly from within the foreground or using our background trigger registrations.

Hopefully this helps clear the behavior you are seeing.

Thanks!

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 1:49 PM
  • Thank you for reply.

The actual error I found is 'GetGattServicesAsync' only works after pairing in my application. 

When I try to 'GetGattServicesAsync' to the device which is already paired, It always returns failure.

To find the problem, I tested sample in UWP (https://github.com/Microsoft/Windows-universal-samples/tree/master/Samples/BluetoothLE )

Got to know that sample also has same problem.

As I said, before update to windows 10 1709, it worked okay.

I recorded the error on the sample app. 

Connect is successful right after pairing, but failed after disconnect.

https://youtu.be/_wvd-S2UaRg

• Edited by Sangwon Samuel Wednesday, October 25, 2017 2:44 AM added new thing
    Wednesday, October 25, 2017 2:34 AM