Access SSRS 2016 mobile report from IOS Power BI app RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I'm currently working on a development project to showcase the potential of mobile reporting directly to mobile devices from an on-premise SSRS 2016 server.

try as i may, i just cant get it to work. I continually get the message 'Server address invalid' from the application when trying to enter our SSRS web portal address.

the server is in Native mode, and has basic authentication enabled - Port 80 is also open.

I just feel like I'm missing a step to allow the server to accept external connections?

Any ideas

Thanks in advance

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 1:04 PM

Answers

• Hi Antony,

In your scenario, you want to make the Reporting Service 2016 server to accept external connections. So that you can access the SSRS 2016 server by using mobile devices from external environment. Right?

However, as I know in current Reporting Service 2016. It is not available to allow external users to visit the report server via Power BI app. The Power BI mobile app only accept the internal connections to view SSRS 2016 mobile reports.

Also, since your issue is more related to the Power BI mobile app. I would suggest you post your issue to this forum for more professional help: http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Mobile-Apps/bd-p/power-bi-mobile 

If you still have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Xi Jin.

• Proposed as answer by Xi Jin Thursday, October 6, 2016 9:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by Xi Jin Monday, October 10, 2016 1:27 AM
    Wednesday, September 28, 2016 3:08 AM