Dynamically Create Workflow in SharePoint 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I need to create a workflow with few activities(lets say CreateItem,UpdateItem,DeleteItem) in  SharePoint 2013 using SharePoint Designer 2013,Workflow manager.Is it possible to create a workflow dynamically so that i can decide on run time(i.e in SharePoint Site) to which list i need to assign?

Regards

Siva

Monday, August 19, 2013 10:41 AM

Answers

• Instead of worklfow, you can use event reciever and add all list names where it needs to run. You can also create a custom content type . Add content type to lists where functionality is to be added and when the event reciever runs perform a check for content type.

• Marked as answer by Patrick_Liang Thursday, August 29, 2013 2:25 PM
    Monday, August 19, 2013 5:53 PM
  • Hi,

The key here is Content type. If your lists are from a single content type then you can create reusable workflow against the content type. But you can't create reusable workflow from SharePoint Designer targeting for lists. It's better to create content type first and then use the content type in list instead of creating columns directly in list.

Thanks,
    Sohel Rana
    http://ranaictiu-technicalblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 6:55 AM

All replies

• Instead of worklfow, you can use event reciever and add all list names where it needs to run. You can also create a custom content type . Add content type to lists where functionality is to be added and when the event reciever runs perform a check for content type.

Monday, August 19, 2013 5:53 PM
  • Hi,

The key here is Content type. If your lists are from a single content type then you can create reusable workflow against the content type. But you can't create reusable workflow from SharePoint Designer targeting for lists. It's better to create content type first and then use the content type in list instead of creating columns directly in list.

Thanks,
    Sohel Rana
    http://ranaictiu-technicalblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 6:55 AM