Archiving List Items RRS feed

• Question

• I have a filtered list setup. New entries to the list will have a sequence number followed by the year. For example: 001-15. For the filtered view, this works fine. When I click the list name and view all list items (unfiltered view), what I have in the list is the following:

001-14

001-15

002-14

002-15

Is there a way to archive the 2014 items so they don't show up in the list?

Friday, April 24, 2015 8:55 PM

Answers

• You could modify the All Items view with a Filter where your Column contains -15

Not ideal as you would have to modify it each year. So when 2016 came around you would need to change the filter to -16.

I did try to setup a dynamic filter (but didn't work for me) where the Column contains ="-"&TEXT(NOW(),"yy")

Maybe someone else could provide you with a more dynamic way so you didn't have to modify each year.

Saturday, April 25, 2015 1:18 AM

All replies

• You could modify the All Items view with a Filter where your Column contains -15

Not ideal as you would have to modify it each year. So when 2016 came around you would need to change the filter to -16.

I did try to setup a dynamic filter (but didn't work for me) where the Column contains ="-"&TEXT(NOW(),"yy")

Maybe someone else could provide you with a more dynamic way so you didn't have to modify each year.

Saturday, April 25, 2015 1:18 AM
  • You could create a Calculated Field and use it as a flag for archiving. If you are still looking for an archiving solution that could work with large list items (without 5000 view threshold), download attachment and require no code look at www.listman.io. Disclaimer: I'm an author of a tool and would be glad to answer any questions.
    Tuesday, December 10, 2019 8:48 AM