No Such interface Supported Error RRS feed

• Question

• We have one site, it's calling .exe file using

System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(@"c:/tempfilecreator.exe")

It's working fine in normal cases. But some times during client business hours We are getting "No such interface supported" error message
    while calling exe file .

We have serached in google and got tempararory solution that, If we restart the IIS Server it's working as expected.
    I guess restarting IIS Server is not best practice. We are unable to find the root cause for this error.

we requested you to provide permanent fix/root cause for the above issue.

Thanks in Advance.

D.S.R.K.Raju

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 2:36 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Did you try to run the program in the server itself?

Did you try to make a simple console application that runs it? do you get the same results?

My guess is that at one point, it tries to call a missing dependency and because you're using Process.Start some of the environment information such as paths are not available so it can't find the dependency and it simply crashes the program.

You should probably look at the event log with combination of tools such as Dependency Walker, WinDbg and Process Explorer/Process Hacker to find the root of the problem.

Regards,

Eyal Shilony

• Marked as answer by Mike Feng Sunday, March 24, 2013 9:53 AM
    Monday, March 18, 2013 2:48 PM

All replies

• Hi.

Take a look at this...

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10238384/what-difference-does-useshellexecute-have

Regards,
    Bubu
    http://zsvipullo.blogspot.it

Please mark my answer if it helped you, I would greatly appreciate it.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 2:53 PM
  • The only chance is tempfilecreator.exe is broken.

Ghost,
    Call me ghost for short, Thanks
    To get the better answer, it should be a better question.

Monday, March 18, 2013 2:06 PM
  • Hello,

Did you try to run the program in the server itself?

Did you try to make a simple console application that runs it? do you get the same results?

My guess is that at one point, it tries to call a missing dependency and because you're using Process.Start some of the environment information such as paths are not available so it can't find the dependency and it simply crashes the program.

You should probably look at the event log with combination of tools such as Dependency Walker, WinDbg and Process Explorer/Process Hacker to find the root of the problem.

Regards,

Eyal Shilony

• Marked as answer by Mike Feng Sunday, March 24, 2013 9:53 AM
    Monday, March 18, 2013 2:48 PM
  • Hi Suresh,

Please try Eyal's troubleshooting to fix this issue. When you have any update, please feel free to follow up.

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, March 25, 2013 5:20 AM