none
SQL SERVER INSTALLATION

Question

• Hi ,

I am using sql express edition on Windows Server -2008 r2 hosting on a vmware esxi host. I want to upgrade to SQL SERVER 2008 STANDARD EDITION . Please assist me to install a evaluation edition . Then i will purchase the  full edition .

• Moved by Olaf HelperMVP Friday, March 31, 2017 1:01 PM Moved from "Database Engine" to a more related forum
    Thursday, March 2, 2017 7:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Which version of Evaluation edition you want to install?

Thanks,

Kindly mark the reply as answer if they help

Thursday, March 2, 2017 7:56 AM
  • Hi ,

I am using sql express edition on Windows Server -2008 r2 hosting on a vmware esxi host. I want to upgrade to SQL SERVER 2008 STANDARD EDITION . Please assist me to install a evaluation edition . Then i will purchase the  full edition .

So your question is confusing you said you wanted to upgrade to standard edition and then you said you want to install evaluation edition both are different. Please be clear.

Now you can do inplace upgrade from express to standard.

Cheers,

Shashank

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

Thursday, March 2, 2017 8:03 AM
  • First thing SQL Server Standard  and Evaluation edition both are different edition. For my understanding first you want to upgrade express edition to Evaluation edition and than standard. but it is not possible.

You cannot upgrade from SQL server express edition to sql server evaluation edition ! pls refer the below link for the list of upgrades supported !
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143393.aspx
    You can upgrade from sql express to all the sql 2005 editions except evaluation edition !

Amit Saini

Thursday, March 2, 2017 12:00 PM