App in Swedish

Question

• I tried to make the first app i made as a Swedish app but it was always rejected for that reason. I changed it to English and then it worked just fine. Now i am making a new app and this time I really want it to be in Swedish so i would like to know every place you have to set a property to Swedish to make the app pass the review.
    Friday, February 21, 2014 12:46 PM

Answers

• From the reviewer's comment:

Screenshots provided are not appropriately localized for each language the app is supported in
    This doesn't sound like a problem with the app package but with the screenshots uploaded to the store. It sounds like you have screenshots with English text in them. Make sure that you supply screenshots for all languages you support and that all of the text in the screenshots is appropriately localized.

If the text is deliberately not localized (for example: a language training program, or a game which takes place in a specific city) then make sure you explain why in your notes to the reviewer.

--Rob

Saturday, February 22, 2014 1:45 AM
    Owner

All replies

• What exactly was the given reason that the app was rejected from the store?

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Friday, February 21, 2014 3:05 PM
  • from the rapport:

• The app doesn't support at least one of the certification languages.
    • The app is functional in some of the languages it was submitted in but not all.
    • The info on the app's Description page (such as its description, features, screenshots, and so on) doesn't reflect the amount of localization in the app.

The description of this app did not appear localized correctly to our reviewer. Screenshots provided are not appropriately localized for each language the app is supported in. During the review of this app, it did not appear to be fully localized for the languages it supports.

-------------------

I had set it to Swedish in all the places i could find

• Edited by Zadrith Friday, February 21, 2014 8:44 PM
    Friday, February 21, 2014 8:40 PM
  • From the reviewer's comment:

Screenshots provided are not appropriately localized for each language the app is supported in
    This doesn't sound like a problem with the app package but with the screenshots uploaded to the store. It sounds like you have screenshots with English text in them. Make sure that you supply screenshots for all languages you support and that all of the text in the screenshots is appropriately localized.

If the text is deliberately not localized (for example: a language training program, or a game which takes place in a specific city) then make sure you explain why in your notes to the reviewer.

--Rob

Saturday, February 22, 2014 1:45 AM
    Owner
  • No, that was not the problem but thanks any way. I am rather sure that it was expected to be in English by the tester but everything was in Swedish
    Sunday, February 23, 2014 12:51 PM
  • what kind of description the dev portal was it expecting?

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Sunday, February 23, 2014 1:32 PM
  • I will try to certify my new app in Swedish in a few days an see what happens, if it does not work i will come back with the report.

Monday, February 24, 2014 8:18 PM