WEDU Updating Distribution Shares checked into TFS RRS feed

• Question

• I am able to register my distribution share in WEDU and see I need to take many updates.  The distribution share is checked into TFS.  WEDU is unable to update, I assume.  There is no error message, just a red X in the status under Update History.

I believe that this fails since TFS marks the file as read only.  There appears to be no way to tell which files I need to check out for the update to succeed.

Packages, such as Silverlight 5, that presumably have no files checked in install and add a green checkmark under status in the update history.

Is anyone out there checking their DS into version control?  It seems like a reasonable request for development distributed amongst team members, but this and several other issues with dollar signs in the path makes me wonder if this is a good practice.  Sean Liming makes reference in his book on DS checked into version control.

Thanks,
    Larry

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 11:01 PM

Answers

• in ds the root files.

index, regindex, schema needs write permissions.

Windows Embedded Developer and Scripting Guy //Germany
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 7:29 PM

All replies

• in ds the root files.

index, regindex, schema needs write permissions.

Windows Embedded Developer and Scripting Guy //Germany
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 7:29 PM
  • Thank you, KNARZ!  The DS can be easily updated now.  All the security updates installed cleanly and the new image doesn't find any updates once installed.

There are a few non-critical packages that crash WEDU, but I may look around first and see if I can find if an answer was already posted. 

Larry

Friday, January 13, 2012 4:43 PM