none
Pick a Date from a Calendar RRS feed

• General discussion

• Is it possible to write some VBA code which will allow the user to select a date from the drop down. The drop down should display all the days in the current month (like a calendar) and allow the uses to scroll forward/backward to future / previous months.

this is kind of think which is very populart in all sorts of applciations but I have not seen it in Excel.

hope this makes sense - can anyone help please?

Monday, March 14, 2016 1:50 PM

All replies

• Here is a file that shows how you can make your own from a userform that will work on any computer.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=5BF1835FB3CB9DC2!228&authkey=!AIb6u5QITXTWL8U&ithint=file%2cxlsm

Monday, March 14, 2016 6:24 PM
  • Re:  select a date

Another option at https://goo.gl/IUQUN2 (Dropbox) ...
    Free Excel add-in... no ads, no trackers, no cookies, no registration

'---
    Jim Cone
    Portland, Oregon USA
    https://goo.gl/IUQUN2 (Dropbox)
    (free & commercial excel add-ins & workbooks)

• Edited by James Cone Tuesday, November 1, 2016 1:40 AM update link
    Tuesday, March 15, 2016 5:34 AM
  • Jim

Thanks - do you have a 2013 version please?

regards,

Peter

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 8:51 AM
  • Bernie

When I  open the link I get a message about 'unsupported features' and then nothing seems to happen?Can you help please?

thanks

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 8:53 AM
  • Peter,
    Re:  "do you have a 2013 version?" (date picker)

It depends...
    A xl2013+ version would require you to add a new button to the Quick Access Toolbar. (QAT)
    You would have to click the new button on the QAT to show the date picker.
    The cell right-click menu item for the date picker would not be available. You can thank Microsoft for that.

If the above would work for you, let me know, and I will create an alternate date picker version and make it available.

'---
    Jim Cone
    Portland, Oregon USA

• Edited by James Cone Tuesday, November 1, 2016 1:40 AM
    Tuesday, March 15, 2016 2:14 PM
  • Try downloading the file and opening it locally.
    Tuesday, March 15, 2016 2:47 PM
  • thanks James for your solution - in the meantime I have found the date time picker  as an additional control which I think will do the trick for me.

many thanks

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 4:41 PM
  • Bernie

thank you for your solution - I have found the Date Time Picker in excel which I think will work for me.

many thanks,

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 4:42 PM
  • Just be aware that if you want to share your solution, every user would need to install the Date-Time-Picker.  For me, that was impossible because none of my users has admin rights to do the installation.  So you may be doing a lot more support that you expect to.....
    Tuesday, March 15, 2016 8:08 PM
  • Hi Bernie

Thanks for the advice - but I am not sure I understand it.

I created a very simple User Form with the Date Picker as a control and got this to work ok.

I then sent the workbook to a colleague , and he tested it and it worked fine.

I am not sure what you mean the user needing to install the date time picker. In my case, my  colleague just ran the macro and it was fine - no installation required.

Am I missing something?

thank you.

Peter

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 9:48 AM
  • Not all installations include the Date-time picker control - Office 2010 does not, by default.  So I can add it to my computer, where I'm an admin, but I cannot add it to other machines, so if they don't have it then the code will fail.

Read more here:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/defdd35a-f285-4b84-bf4c-d62011823b37/access-2010-datepicker-control-missing?forum=officeitproprevious

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 1:59 PM
  • Thanks Bernie

I am on 2013 so I guess that is  why I don't have the issue.

kind regards,

Peter

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 2:05 PM