none
Building setups in 64 bit RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am building my project setup. I have built dem in vs4.0 on 32 bit. Now i want to build those setups in 64 bit?

I have made configuration changes according to 64 bit. My set up gets build in 64 bit but when i try to install them they throw error. They are installing fine on 32 bit. Can i build setups in 64 bit??? If yes den how????

• Moved by Yi Feng Li Thursday, July 14, 2011 9:54 AM Setup project (From:MSBuild)
    Monday, July 11, 2011 10:50 AM

Answers

• setupx64
    After you change the target platform to x64, the product will be installed with x64 configuration.
    And if there're many components in this setup project does not support x64, then it will show you error message, commonly it will show you at build time.
    What error message you found?
    I think it is better to let me see your screenshot.
    And please also use the msiexec log help me collect the log information when you install the installer:
    msiexec /i a.msi /lv* a.log
    You can upload files to the "skydrive", and then share me the download link in your new post.
    If there's any concern, please feel free to let me know.
    Best wishes,

Mike [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, July 14, 2011 10:10 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I'm moving this thread to Setup project forum for better assist.

Yi

Yi Feng Li [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, July 14, 2011 9:53 AM
  • setupx64
    After you change the target platform to x64, the product will be installed with x64 configuration.
    And if there're many components in this setup project does not support x64, then it will show you error message, commonly it will show you at build time.
    What error message you found?
    I think it is better to let me see your screenshot.
    And please also use the msiexec log help me collect the log information when you install the installer:
    msiexec /i a.msi /lv* a.log
    You can upload files to the "skydrive", and then share me the download link in your new post.
    If there's any concern, please feel free to let me know.
    Best wishes,

Mike [MSFT]

Thursday, July 14, 2011 10:10 AM