none
Task edit form displays dropdown for content types RRS feed

• Question

• I have a custom deployed content type which I have tied to my TAsk list. My task edit form is one created by SharePoint, using the fields from the custom content type. My custom content type is derived from Workflow Task.

When my task edit form appears, I see a dropdown for me to select which content type I want to use. Is there a way to get rid of the content type dropdown and have it just automatically select my custom content type?

Thanks!
    EM
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 10:55 PM

All replies

• Is it showing another Content Type in dropdown?  If so, do you need it? If not, delete it.
    Mike Smith TechTrainingNotes.blogspot.com
    Thursday, August 27, 2009 12:27 AM
  • If I look in the Task Settings page and click on the link to select the content type I want, I have Workflow Task unselected and only my custom content type selected. That's why I thought the Workflow Task content type would not show up as being selectable.

If I look in my list of fields (columns), I see some columns that have both my custom content type and the Workflow Task type listed as if it were part of both of those types (like Title). So maybe thats why i'm seeing the dropdown.

I could not figure out how to actually delete a content type out of my list of content types even though I do not have it selected.

Thanks!
    EM
    Thursday, August 27, 2009 12:55 AM