Webview inside a Flipview template RRS feed

• Question

• Can we have a webview insider a flipview template and I want to display content inside the webview using the NavigateToString method. Can someone tell me how to achieve this?
    Sunday, February 26, 2012 1:19 AM

Answers

All replies

• Please see http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winappswithcsharp/thread/f50ac287-c6ee-4275-88d3-6484b03a2b85.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator

Monday, February 27, 2012 4:20 PM
  • Hi Sri,

You can have a webview inside the flipview template. If you have the html content as URL then you can do straightly by the way of binding. But if the case, you have the html content as string, then from the code behind you have to do the following steps to view the html content in the webview.

1. On Loaded Event of the Webview, Get the DataContent of the sender and assign to the Navigate to string method.

2. On FlipView Selection Changed Event, Get the child of the webview control and navigate to the specified string.

Why we are doing these two steps, if you doing first step alone, 3 sets of html control repeated. If you doing second step alone, first and last webview will not navigate. If you going with both step, then it will render correctly.

Thanks & Regards,

Adhikesh

• Proposed as answer by Adhikesh Wednesday, July 4, 2012 10:29 AM
    Wednesday, July 4, 2012 10:29 AM
  • Hi Sri,

You can have a webview inside the flipview template. If you have the html content as URL then you can do straightly by the way of binding. But if the case, you have the html content as string, then from the code behind you have to do the following steps to view the html content in the webview.

1. On Loaded Event of the Webview, Get the DataContent of the sender and assign to the Navigate to string method.

2. On FlipView Selection Changed Event, Get the child of the webview control and navigate to the specified string.

Why we are doing these two steps, if you doing first step alone, 3 sets of html control repeated. If you doing second step alone, first and last webview will not navigate. If you going with both step, then it will render correctly.

Thanks & Regards,

Adhikesh

Hi Adhikesh,

I have the same problem in my project, I tryed to implement this solutions but I can´t. Do you have some example code for this?

"1. On Loaded Event of the Webview, Get the DataContent of the sender and assign to the Navigate to string method. 

"

Regards

Friday, May 3, 2013 8:04 PM