Connecting a Bluetooth Smart Heart rate monitor

Question

• I am developing a Windows store application that will use a heart rate monitor amongst others, but I can't seem to connect the device to my pc(Windows 8.1), when I try to connect it it says: Make sure the device is still discoverable.

The device connects using Bluetooth 4.0 (Smart), and I've been able to connect it to several phones, so the device isn't the problem.

​Does anyone know if this is a known issue and how to solve it?

Thanks in advance.
    Thursday, September 18, 2014 10:53 AM

All replies

• Hi Nicky,

You cannot connect the device to your pc, did you pair them before using it in Windows Store App? Pairing them on the device chram is necessary.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, September 19, 2014 3:16 AM
  • Hi James,

I tried to pair the device in Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Add a device. I have strapped on the heart rate monitor and LED's on the device start blinking indicating that it is advertising. When I then try to add the device in Windows, it is visible but pairing the device fails and it gives me the error message from my first post (Make sure the device is still discoverable). I have read on other forums that users on Windows Phone 8.1 couldn't connect to heart rate monitors, until they received an OS update, so I was wondering if the Windows 8.1 desktop version has the same problem. I have been able to pair Bike speed and cadence sensors(Also Bluetooth Low energy)

I hope this explains my situation a bit better.

Monday, September 22, 2014 7:49 AM