none
MSDN Library pages don't have scrollbar in IE7 RRS feed

Answers

• Hi,

Problem solved on my computer.

I had changed the user agent string for IE7 to impersonate IE6. Changing it back to the standard IE7 string fixed it for me.

/Ruben

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 7:03 AM

All replies

• Hey John,

You're talking about the content pane, yes?  I just opened up that link in both IE7 and Firefox and see the scrollbar.

Do you have any unusual add-ons to IE? 

-plc

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 8:30 PM
  • Hi,

I have exactly the same problem and it is very annoying indeed.

Here is how it looks on my IE7 (Version 7.0.5730.11):

http://www.rjjournal.net/images/no_scrollbars.jpg

As you can see, there are no vertical scrollbar to the right and the horizontal scrollbars for the tree control to the left is directly below the control and not on the bottom of the window as it is on a computer where it looks right. If the tree control is expanded so it grows below the screen, the scrollbars is still below the end of the tree control which is below the bottom of the window. It is just as if IE can't tell how large my window is.

/Ruben

Saturday, March 1, 2008 2:14 PM
  • Hi,

Problem solved on my computer.

I had changed the user agent string for IE7 to impersonate IE6. Changing it back to the standard IE7 string fixed it for me.

/Ruben

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 7:03 AM
  •  

I had this problem as well - I had messed with the registry to get some software to install.

I reset the user agent string by importing the following reg key:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent]
    "Version"=-
    "Platform"=-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent]
    "Version"=-
    "Platform"=-

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 5:23 PM