Report model data cache RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I created a report model using reporting services, deployed the model locally and then built a report based on that model. The report works fine, but any data updates don't show up, seems like data is cached. I bounced reporting services, cleared cached tables in ReportServerTempDB but of no use. Has anybody faced this problem? How can I get updated data for reports built through a report model. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Sri

Friday, February 1, 2008 5:42 PM

Answers

•  

I found answer, while deploying the report model there is an option "OverwriteDataSources", it is by default false.. this has to be made true to show the data updates in a report.
    Friday, February 1, 2008 10:11 PM

All replies

•  

There are bunch of blogs already that should help you.

Here is one I think will help you http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=436758&SiteID=1

Friday, February 1, 2008 7:20 PM
  •  

Thanks for the reply. I tried these but none worked. I was able to create a report connecting to database directly instead of report model and the report data gets updated as expected. The link indicates problem related to direct db connected report.

But the probem I have is with a report created using report model, the data just never gets updated.. neither in visual studion nor on IE. Any insight on this helps.

Thanks,

Sri

Friday, February 1, 2008 7:37 PM
  •  

I found answer, while deploying the report model there is an option "OverwriteDataSources", it is by default false.. this has to be made true to show the data updates in a report.
    Friday, February 1, 2008 10:11 PM