Optimizing backup project visual studio 2013 RTM RRS feed

• Question

• Which folders can I delete without giving trouble to the project before making a compressed backup
    Friday, November 1, 2013 11:23 AM

Answers

• You can delete the bin, bld, GeneratedArtifacts, and obj folders under any of the projects. The exception is the bin\Data folder found next to the *.lsxproj. If you delete the Data folder, you will lose any data in the development database. If you don't care about that, then you can delete this folder as well.

This is the same set of folders that can be deleted as was specified in every previous version of LightSwitch (it has not changed).

Justin Anderson, LightSwitch Development Team

• Proposed as answer by Xpert360 Tuesday, November 5, 2013 9:52 AM
    • Marked as answer by Marden LR Tuesday, November 5, 2013 10:03 AM
    Tuesday, November 5, 2013 8:15 AM

All replies

• HI,

To avoid potential problem, I don't think it's good way to delete some folder before making a compressed backup. Perhaps you could take some actions to optimize your codes, I think this will be helpful for us.

Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 6:56 AM
  • You can delete the bin, bld, GeneratedArtifacts, and obj folders under any of the projects. The exception is the bin\Data folder found next to the *.lsxproj. If you delete the Data folder, you will lose any data in the development database. If you don't care about that, then you can delete this folder as well.

This is the same set of folders that can be deleted as was specified in every previous version of LightSwitch (it has not changed).

Justin Anderson, LightSwitch Development Team

• Proposed as answer by Xpert360 Tuesday, November 5, 2013 9:52 AM
    • Marked as answer by Marden LR Tuesday, November 5, 2013 10:03 AM
    Tuesday, November 5, 2013 8:15 AM