none
Microsoft Offline Update Catalog.

Question

• SQL Server updates are now available through Microsoft Update, however it appears that the Windows Update Offline Catalog (wsusscn2.cab found here - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=76054) does not include Cumulative Updates but rather only Service Packs.  Our company uses HPSA for deploying patches to servers.  Is there any intention on including the cumulative updates within this file or is there a separate file that could be imported with the CUs in it?
    Wednesday, November 30, 2016 7:14 PM

Answers

• Hi BJ Hermsen,

According to your description, based on my searching, we cannot find a method to add the Cumulative Updates to the file wsusscn2.cab. Because this Wsusscn2.cab file is a cabinet file that is signed by Microsoft and Windows Update Agent (WUA) will validate that the Wsusscn2.cab is signed by a valid Microsoft certificate before running an offline scan.

Please wait the upgrading of this file, I suggest you to give a feedback to Microsoft Update Support Team, you can refer to this website.

Best Regards,
    Teige

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by BJ Hermsen Wednesday, December 7, 2016 1:47 PM
    Thursday, December 1, 2016 6:58 AM

All replies

• Hi BJ Hermsen,

According to your description, based on my searching, we cannot find a method to add the Cumulative Updates to the file wsusscn2.cab. Because this Wsusscn2.cab file is a cabinet file that is signed by Microsoft and Windows Update Agent (WUA) will validate that the Wsusscn2.cab is signed by a valid Microsoft certificate before running an offline scan.

Please wait the upgrading of this file, I suggest you to give a feedback to Microsoft Update Support Team, you can refer to this website.

Best Regards,
    Teige

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by BJ Hermsen Wednesday, December 7, 2016 1:47 PM
    Thursday, December 1, 2016 6:58 AM
  • Thanks.  I will contact the MS Update Support Team.  My intention is not to modify the file myself but rather to have MS include the CU's in this offline update file instead of only including it in the Online Windows Update process.  Please let me know if that changes anything otherwise I will mark the above as the answer.
    Thursday, December 1, 2016 1:30 PM
  • Hi BJ Hermsen,

Have you contacted with the MS Update Support Team? I think they will take your requirement into consideration. If it has changed, we will let you know. If you are satisfied with my help, could you please mark my reply as "Answered"? 

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Best Regards,
    Teige

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 9:04 AM