none
Font size in multiple text editor windows no longer independent

Question

• The C++ text editor in VS2015 update 2 has a small dropdown in the lower left corner that allows you to set the font size in the document windows by a percentage (20% - 400%). It works as expected.

In VS2013, there was a similar dropdown in every document window group, so if you had two vertical groups, there would be one magnification dropdown in each, and they worked independently, so one window could be, say, 100%, while the other one was 150%.

In VS2015, there is also a magnification dropdown in each window group, but they are "ganged", so changing the magnification in any window group changes it identically in all the others.

Is there a way to restore the VS2013 behavior: independent magnifications for each window group?

Monday, May 23, 2016 5:39 PM

Answers

• Hi my friend,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

I test on my VS 2013 and 2015 Community:

In Visual Studio 2013, adjusting the windows size only affects the currently opened document, but in VS 2015, it would be a group change with all the windows.

The magnification setting is set by default in VS 2015, I tried to export the setting from VS 2013 to 2015, the result is still the same as before.

But your suggestion is very important for us, I suggest you to submit this suggestion to  UserVoice, Microsoft engineers will evaluate them seriously, thanks.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 6:32 AM