How to perform PLINQ (type) query with Rx? RRS feed

• Question

• I have an application in .net 3.5sp1 and cannot upgrade to 4.0 to use plinq queries. But, I do have a section of my code that I want to run in parallel. It is a number of linq queries that are running on 100 - 300000 list of objects. So when the number is huge, it takes anywhere from 30-600 seconds to run the query.

I started looking at Rx for .net 3.5, and I understand how it is used with events, and "live objects" as I call them, but I can't quiet understand if it is possible to do Plinq type of queries with it.

Can any one explain?

Thursday, May 20, 2010 5:21 PM

Answers

• You can use PLinq in 3.5. There is backport of System.Theading in the Rx install. Use that library for PLinq. Look in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Reactive Extensions\Redist\DesktopV2 for the help file. Reference will be in GAC or use the dll directly.
    • Marked as answer by Viktor_VB Thursday, May 20, 2010 8:43 PM
    Thursday, May 20, 2010 7:56 PM

All replies

• You can use PLinq in 3.5. There is backport of System.Theading in the Rx install. Use that library for PLinq. Look in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Reactive Extensions\Redist\DesktopV2 for the help file. Reference will be in GAC or use the dll directly.
    • Marked as answer by Viktor_VB Thursday, May 20, 2010 8:43 PM
    Thursday, May 20, 2010 7:56 PM
  • aaaah, thanks i feel like a fool, i assumed that i had system.threading added already so I wasn't seeing it, but i didn't have it, once added, all makes sense now.
    Thursday, May 20, 2010 8:43 PM