none
Sharepoint CopyIntoItems from R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks,

I am new to Sharepoint and am after taking over some code for an upgrade project from BizTalk 2004 to R2 and from Sharepoint 2003 to 2007.

I need to call the Copy.CopyIntoItems Web Method on the Sharepoint Copy Service to upload a document, the current code uses some old Custom Web Service to get this to work in 2003, but I need to upgrade it to call the Sharepoint CopyIntoItems Service, I was wondering if I could use the Sharepoint Adapter to do this or do I need to handle the calling of this Service in BizTalk??

Seems like a very tricky service to call as it takes a byte array of data which I will need to build up in C#.

Any help on this would be great.

Cheers,
    C

Friday, March 6, 2009 2:23 PM

Answers

• The WSS adapter does let you upload a document into a document library out of the box. But if you wanted to customize it much beyond this you would need to interact with the SharePoint web services. For example, if you wanted to upload a document as an attachment on a list item that was not part of a document library or if you wanted to submit the document to records management, etc.

I reccomend interacting with the SharePoint web service using a C# DLL rather than going through the BizTalk wizards for adding the web service reference because there are so many methods on those web services you will wind up with a huge schema. As far as I know, you can use the BizTalk web service wizard too, but I think it would be easier to interact with the SharePoint APIs and the web service through a standard C# class.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 11:51 AM

All replies

• The WSS adapter does let you upload a document into a document library out of the box. But if you wanted to customize it much beyond this you would need to interact with the SharePoint web services. For example, if you wanted to upload a document as an attachment on a list item that was not part of a document library or if you wanted to submit the document to records management, etc.

I reccomend interacting with the SharePoint web service using a C# DLL rather than going through the BizTalk wizards for adding the web service reference because there are so many methods on those web services you will wind up with a huge schema. As far as I know, you can use the BizTalk web service wizard too, but I think it would be easier to interact with the SharePoint APIs and the web service through a standard C# class.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 11:51 AM
  • Hi Ben,

Thanks for the response, I took your advice and interacted with the W/S thru a C# helper (Cusomt W/S Wrapper Service) and worked fine for me.

Cheers,
    C
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 3:52 PM