none
Need an example of how to use CustomACE RRS feed

• Question

• I am posting here as this is primarily a Security/Permissions in .Net question, and no other forum seems to fit.

I want to use the CustomACE class to create an ACE for the MANDATORY_INTEGRITY_LOW permission, I figure I can use the CustomACE class for this, but I have no idea how to initialize it.  A working sample would be helpful, or any other explanation on how to use this.

My intent is to create a "helper" executable for a IE add-on.  With Vista/Win7, add-ons now run in a low integrity state, and cannot normally communicate with various resources.  However a helper executable can be launched.  My intent is then to create a Remoting channel using the IpcChannel so that they can communicate.  However the IpcChannel needs to be opened with the MANDATORY_INTEGRITY_LOW ACE so that the add-ons can open the channel.

Because the MANDATORY_INTEGRITY_LOW permission is fairly new (Vista and onwards), it doesn't seem to have made it into the .Net framework yet, so the only option thatI can see is to use the CustomACE class to "roll my own".

Any help would be most appreciated.

Friday, March 12, 2010 6:17 PM

All replies