none
Footer not updating on first page RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i am trying to perform merging on a template - for that

1. i had copied my word template, now append my first document file into it

2. now i had added one more word template in that file

3. i deleted the existing footer from the file and added my own footer into that.

in the resultant file i am getting the footer of first template  and in the left whole document the new one which i had added.

help me to resolve this. 

Wednesday, July 2, 2014 1:11 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Headers and footers are section level formatting. This simply means that the headers and footers can be different in each section of a document. So, one way to change the headers and footers in part of a document is to insert a section break, creating a new section with its own headers and footers.

Microsoft Word also provides a special first page header and footer. This reduces the number of sections needed in a document.

You can get more detail from figure below:

Did you set these option using the code? If you don’t use Different First Page and create multiple sections, can you share with us the code to reproduce this issue?

Hope it is useful.

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, July 3, 2014 6:38 AM