Sharing files between two clusters. RRS feed

• Question

• I have to create two separate azure cluster for two different sites.
    Then i need to connect them together with a server.

I wanted to know how i can share file from Cluster A to Cluster B.

For example - If i store a file in Cluster A, Members of Cluster B can also access that file/ data. 
    Thursday, May 21, 2020 3:35 PM

All replies

• Hello,

To share the data between HDInsight cluster, you need to use additional storage accounts.

While creating an HDInsight cluster, you specify the Azure Storage account you want to associate with it. Also, you can add additional storage accounts from the same Azure subscription or different Azure subscriptions during the creation process or after a cluster has been created. For instructions about adding additional storage accounts, see Create HDInsight clusters.

Note: Put shared data on a linked storage account specified for all relevant clusters rather than the default storage account.

After creating an HDInsight cluster, you can add additional storage accounts using script action or from Apache Ambari page.

This article describes how to add a storage account to an existing HDInsight cluster.

Hope this helps. Do let us know if you any further queries.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Friday, May 22, 2020 6:18 AM
  • Hello,

Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Wednesday, May 27, 2020 11:07 AM
  • Hello,

Following up to see if the above suggestion was helpful. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Friday, May 29, 2020 11:17 AM