none
BizTalk Adapter problem with sharepoint workflow RRS feed

• Question

• I am putting documents in a sharepoint list using biztalk adapter.

I have an approval workflow which is set to "on created" & "on Changed" for this list.

When I upload documents manually it works fine.

When I put the documents using BizTalk, the workflow hangs in the "starting" state.

Notes:

The BizTalk webservice is working under the same account that I use to upload.

I'm using sharepoint 2010 =))

Thanks!

Ahmed Zakaria

VTSP Microsoft BizTalk Server

• Moved by Ben Cline1Moderator Thursday, April 1, 2010 2:34 PM Relates to adapters (From:BizTalk Server General)
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 10:28 PM

Answers

All replies

• don't panic from the sharepoint 2010 part, I use the same adapter that comes with BTS 2006 & 2009 and it works with 2010 normally, nothing new..

Regards...

Ahmed Zakaria

VTSP Microsoft BizTalk Server

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 11:16 PM
  • Just an idea...

Try with Debug Diagnostics whether any memory leak or any exception

Thanks, Raja
    Thursday, April 1, 2010 8:50 AM
  • Mick had a post on configuring BizTalk to work with SharePoint 2010: http://blogs.breezetraining.com.au/mickb/2009/11/02/BizTalkAdapterForSharePoint2010.aspx You might try his suggestion to see if it makes a difference for you. I would also make sure the destination list is a document library and not a standard list.

Could you check the workflow history to see if there is an error logged? Are you using a custom approval workflow or one of the out-of-the-box approval workflows?

I know it is possible to get this to work. About 1.5 yrs ago I did a proof-of-concept of BizTalk sending documents to a document library that kicked off workflows based on a new document.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Thursday, April 1, 2010 2:33 PM
  • Hi Ahmed,

If the document is correctly added into the sharepoint document list, I believe we need to force on the sharepoint part troubleshooting. You may get more assistance from the sharepoint workflow forum:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointworkflow/threads

Thanks.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, April 6, 2010 7:56 AM
  • Hi Ahmed,

If the document is correctly added into the sharepoint document list, I believe we need to force on the sharepoint part troubleshooting. You may get more assistance from the sharepoint workflow forum:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointworkflow/threads

Thanks.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, April 6, 2010 7:56 AM