MOSS 2007 Calculate Due Date including working hours and working days RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've searched many forums for an answer to my problem but with very limited success. Basically, I've created a Sharepoint list where I would like to track a resolution of incidents versus SLA timings. I have a column with a receiving date, which is a date when the request was submitted and another column with priority code where I have 3 possible values: low (5 working days to close the request), medium (3 days) and high (1 day). What I would like to do is to automatically calculate due date for solving the incident based on the receiving date and the priority code. The thing is that now it is getting more complicated since I need to exclude saturdays and sundays from calculation, as well as national holidays. Then I would like to take into account working hours (from 8am to 4pm), for example if an incident with medium priority was submitted on Friday 5pm, then it would have its due date set to Wednesday 4pm (the request was sent after working hours so we have 3 full working days to complete it) Not sure if it is feasible to achieve using formulas, maybe some other way?

Thursday, September 9, 2010 4:25 PM

Answers

• I would recommend reading Dessie Lunford's series of posts called "Taming the Elusive Calculated Column" particularly these four:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

-Brian

• Marked as answer by Stanfford Liu Friday, September 17, 2010 7:27 AM
    Thursday, September 9, 2010 6:03 PM