New Managed Metadata Service option don't appear RRS feed

• Question

• I have just install Sharepoint 2010 Server on Windows 7.

Next I want to create new Managed Metada Service: Central Administration -> Application Management -> Manage Service Application -> New.

To my surprise, the MMS option not there. In menu "New" I have only three options: Businsess Data Connectivity, Performance Point..., User Profile. For more I have administrator provileges on system and Farm Administrator in SP.

How can I add Managed Metada Service for appearing in "New" option?

Thursday, December 8, 2011 7:50 AM

Answers

• You can try to create one new from Central Admin -> Manage Service Applications

Click New from Service Applications on top ribbon and see if you can create a new Managed Metadata Service

Thursday, December 8, 2011 2:58 PM

All replies

• Have you tried to run configuration wizard for SharePoint Farm?

Marek Chmel, WBI Systems (MCTS, MCITP, MCT, CCNA)
    Thursday, December 8, 2011 8:24 AM
  • Yes. I tried and unfortunately  in the configuration wizard first step I have listed services to run and MMS also not there.

I'm confused. My coleague have installed the same SP package at the same system and confiuration and he have MMS option.

Thursday, December 8, 2011 8:55 AM
  • You can try to create one new from Central Admin -> Manage Service Applications

Click New from Service Applications on top ribbon and see if you can create a new Managed Metadata Service

Thursday, December 8, 2011 2:58 PM