Packaging and Hosting App RRS feed

• Question

• Before I package my UWP app, I'm trying to set up hosting so I can put in the final links to video clips used by my app. 

Do I need to store my videos in storage in a cloud? My videos are not embedded in my app; I'm just providing the links to videos using C# code. I'm not sure what type of hosting services I need to service users who download my app and use it. 

Wednesday, May 6, 2020 1:11 AM

Answers

• Hello,

You could choose one in Microsoft Azure to store data depend on your specific requirement.

Best regards

Daisy Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 8, 2020 6:24 AM

All replies

• Hello,

>Do I need to store my videos in storage in a cloud? My videos are not embedded in my app; I'm just providing the links to videos using C# code.

You probably don't need to store the video in the cloud if you just provide the video link in your app.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 6, 2020 7:09 AM
  • Ok, but I have to store the videos somewhere. They're not embedded in the app and I'm not storing them locally. I'll have to put them with some hosting service and provide links in my code so the app users can play them.
    Thursday, May 7, 2020 5:07 AM
  • Hello,

You could choose one in Microsoft Azure to store data depend on your specific requirement.

Best regards

Daisy Tian

MSDN Community Support

Friday, May 8, 2020 6:24 AM
  • As you have already coded a C# code to allow users to access links to your "How-to" videos.

It would be suitable to use Microsoft Azure services to host the videos.

Because you know C# was primarily made with Microsoft-specific services in mind.

Monday, June 1, 2020 3:31 PM