ASDK: DHCP Server Issues in ASDK RRS feed

• Question

• I have successfully deployed ASDK on a server machine. The Test-ASDK cmdlet displays that the ASDK was deployed correctly. I then deployed App Services to Azure Stack.

After this, I faced issues where on restart of ASDK host machine, a IP address like 169.254.x.x was getting assigned to one of the VMs, randomly which caused that VM to not have Internet access. On further investigation, I found that the DHCP server returned by VMs with a valid IP address (10.x.x.x) is pointed to 168.63.1xx.xx. 

Also, the VM AzS-DC01 does not have the DHCP role enabled. As per this link, https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-stack/asdk/asdk-architecture this role should be enabled.

What is the correct DHCP server to be pointed to? Did I miss something during ASDK deployment? Please let me know how I can resolve this issue. 

Saturday, June 2, 2018 12:35 AM

Answers

• Just checking in to see if the above suggestions helped or you need further assistance on this specific issue- if yes, do provide the requested information to investigate the issue further.

Wednesday, June 6, 2018 8:24 AM
  • Hi Ajay!

I just redeployed ASDK and changed the network the host was connected to. Seems to have resolved the issue.

Thanks!

Wednesday, June 6, 2018 3:55 PM

All replies

• Are you reusing the same IP on the ASDK host and on the BGPNAT01?

The deployment scripts automatically configured the NAT network adapter for DHCP, unless you specified the NAT parameters (NatIPv4Address etc), then a static IP address is configured. More information can be found at:  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-stack/azure-stack-run-powershell-script

Internet access: - Azure Stack requires access to the Internet, either directly or through a transparent proxy. Azure Stack does not support the configuration of a web proxy to enable Internet access. Both the host IP and the new IP assigned to the MAS-BGPNAT01 (by DHCP or static IP) must be able to access Internet. Ports 80 and 443 are used under the graph.windows.net and login.microsoftonline.com domains.

DHCP or Static IP: -Make sure there is a DHCP server available on the network that the NIC connects to. If DHCP is not available, you must prepare an additional static IPv4 network besides the one used by host. You must provide that IP address and gateway as a deployment parameter.

Also, please provide the following information:

Build/Version:  

Get-Content "C:\CloudDeployment\Configuration\Version\version.xml"

Directory type: 

Azure AD or ADFS

Hardware: 

How many CPU Cores, RAM, Get-Disk output

Network: 

Static or DHCP.

The method used to access the Internet:

NAT, Web Proxy, Transparent  Proxy, DMZ or Closed

BareMetal or Nested Hyper-V:

Deployment parameters used:

Saturday, June 2, 2018 8:02 AM
  • Just checking in to see if the above suggestions helped or you need further assistance on this specific issue- if yes, do provide the requested information to investigate the issue further.

Wednesday, June 6, 2018 8:24 AM
  • Hi Ajay!

I just redeployed ASDK and changed the network the host was connected to. Seems to have resolved the issue.

Thanks!

Wednesday, June 6, 2018 3:55 PM
  • Glad to know the issue is resolved. Thanks for the update.

Thursday, June 7, 2018 2:43 AM