signing smart device application RRS feed

• Question

• i did signing through visul studio. the file was there in app directory then key was visible in the list and i completed all steps but when i copy the cab file to device and try to launch it i get error message installation was unseccessful the program or setting cannot be installed becaude it is not digitially signed with trusted certificate
    c++/visual c++ and java programmer
    Sunday, May 9, 2010 1:02 AM

Answers

• I'm assuming you're singing with SDK test certificate. If so then you need to make your device trust it as described in "%ProgramFiles\Windows Mobile 6 SDK\Tools\Security\".

If you're trying to create production CAB then you can't sign anything yourself as no device would trust your certificate. You would need to use signing authority for signing, e.g. via Mobile to Market program (assuming it still exists and was not replaced by marketplace).

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Sunday, May 9, 2010 6:26 AM
  • Hi ko,

In addition to Ilya's reply, you can find more device security information from the FAQ:

Device Security and certificate problems.

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010 8:33 AM

All replies

• I'm assuming you're singing with SDK test certificate. If so then you need to make your device trust it as described in "%ProgramFiles\Windows Mobile 6 SDK\Tools\Security\".

If you're trying to create production CAB then you can't sign anything yourself as no device would trust your certificate. You would need to use signing authority for signing, e.g. via Mobile to Market program (assuming it still exists and was not replaced by marketplace).

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Sunday, May 9, 2010 6:26 AM
  • Hi ko,

In addition to Ilya's reply, you can find more device security information from the FAQ:

Device Security and certificate problems.

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010 8:33 AM