LOB Windows store App Quality and Crash Reports. RRS feed

• Question

• I am working with LOB windows store app, which will not go to the store, it will be used by the company employees. My Question, Is there any way to report when the app crash? , something like the app dashboard when the app is published to the store.

Thanks for help.

Tariq

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 9:11 PM

Answers

• The only way to do this is to listen for the UnhandledExceptionEvent and create a dump at that time.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

• Marked as answer by JORDAN RTG Monday, April 8, 2013 2:18 PM
    Friday, April 5, 2013 1:51 PM

All replies

• I'm asking our devs about this scenario.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Thursday, April 4, 2013 5:24 PM
  • thanks, appreciate it.

Tariq

Thursday, April 4, 2013 5:52 PM
  • The only way to do this is to listen for the UnhandledExceptionEvent and create a dump at that time.

• Marked as answer by JORDAN RTG Monday, April 8, 2013 2:18 PM
    Friday, April 5, 2013 1:51 PM
  • Thanks, That's really helpful, but in the dump method I use await method:

await GetRequestStreamAsync()

and when reach this method the app continue crashing which will cut the dump method, and no error is reported.

the question is how to force the code to wait for this method?

Thanks for the help...

Tariq

Monday, April 8, 2013 2:12 PM
  • Yeah... that's a pain.  One of my coworkers suggested that you try PInvoke to set the C++ SetUnhandledExceptionFilter but I'm not sure of the exact behavior in this case.

Monday, April 8, 2013 4:36 PM