Toolkit install and content Qs RRS feed

• Question

• Hi folks...

As will soon become apparent, I'm a very new aspiring developer.  I'm using Blend 3 and VS2008.  I'm working on a Silverlight site, and I thinkkkkk I installed the toolkit correctly, inasmuch as when I rerun the install the only options I get are repair or uninstall which I take to mean that it's already installed correctly (I have run "repair").  However, I don't see many of the controls described as being contained within the toolkit, such as validation and navigation.  Other controls such as accordian etc are there... what am I doing wrong?  Also, I am unable to add Silverlight controls to my VS.  When I choose "choose items" in the tool box, it loads up everything but when I select the silverlight tab, it crashes VS... perhaps there's a connection?

I'm very grateful for any suggestions!

Paul

Monday, December 28, 2009 6:54 PM

Answers

• Thanks Ken... I guess that clears up that ;)  However, I'm still unable to add Silverlight controls to my VS toolbox.  As soon as I select the SL tab in the choose items dialog, it crashes.  Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Paul

Tuesday, December 29, 2009 9:49 AM

All replies

• There are no validation controls per say.  As part of RIA services you can set data anotations which adds validation to the dataform.  Navigation is not controls it is a silverlight project type in visual studio or visual web developer

Monday, December 28, 2009 7:21 PM
  • Thanks Ken... I guess that clears up that ;)  However, I'm still unable to add Silverlight controls to my VS toolbox.  As soon as I select the SL tab in the choose items dialog, it crashes.  Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Paul

Tuesday, December 29, 2009 9:49 AM