none
Inserting a Tables/Paragraphs into Inline xml node RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

While inserting paragraphs/tables into a inline XML node using VBA in word 2007, Word places the paragraphs/table after the XML Node. After reading Word's XML Markup Reference I understood that word will not allow paragraphs (and tables) inserted inside of inline Nodes.

In my project i need to insert the table inside a inline XML node.

Can any one suggest any alternative solution to do this.

Thanks.

Antony

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 11:21 AM

All replies

• Hi Antony

Looked at from Word's perspective as a word-processor, it makes no sense to insert something "multi-line" into an inline node. It simply doesn't work.

Can you describe what kind of effect you want to achieve? Would this be something you could do with a table, where instead of an inline Node you'd have a "regular" node in its own cell of the table?

Just a word of warning: the technology you're trying to use has been removed from later versions of Word. All the coding you're doing will no longer work as soon as whoever you're doing this project for moves away from Word 2007. (Indeed, more recently sold versions of Word 2007 won't support it, either.)

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 5:07 PM
  • Hi Cindy,

We are maintaining two stages in processing, one is structuring stage and another is XML generation stage. In structuring stage the context is inline and while generation i have to insert some paragraphs/tables in that node.

I too know this technology is removed in latest version, but its my responsibility to give support to existing tool until we upgrade to new technology.

Antony

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 3:20 AM