none
Issues running SSIS package remote RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have an SSIS package that runs fine when logged in directly to the Windows database server.

I am running Windows 2016 Server and SQL Server 2016.

However, if I try to run the same SSIS package remote from my Windows PC with SSMS, it fails on "cannot write data file" errors.

OLE error: cannot open the data file "\\myshare\ssis\staging"

This is weird because my user account has full privileges and so forth. What can I check to solve this issue so that I can get the SSIS package to run remote from SSMS on my PC?

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 5:39 PM

All replies

• Hi sacdba,

It seems that the actual file name is missing in the error message.

Is it possible that when you are running the SSIS package in question on the server some parameters are passed?

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 5:50 PM
  • Sorry the file name is blah.xml

We use the connection string in the SSIS package, and all works fine when it outputs the data to XML file if we run the SSIS package locally on the server itself. It fails on the errors when I run the SSIS package from SSMS on my PC.

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 6:09 PM
  • Hi sacdba,

Please share the error message in its entirety.

Please share a screen shot of the package.

How do you run the SSIS package in SSMS:

1. via stored procedure call ?
    2. via object tree, right mouse click, execute package ?

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 7:04 PM
  • I run it the second way.
    Wednesday, April 10, 2019 7:54 PM
  • Hi sacdba,

What about this:

"...Please share the error message in its entirety.

Please share a screen shot of the package..."

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 10:11 PM
  • Hi sacdba,

According to your issue, we could choose Logging level as Verbose to get more error messages.

(Verbose - all events are logged. Only use this logging level for advanced troubleshooting or fine tuning.)

Best Regards,

Mona Lv

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, April 11, 2019 10:01 AM
  • Thanks for the logging tip! I will enable that in future tests.
    Wednesday, April 17, 2019 5:20 PM
  • Hi sacdba,

May I know if your issue has been solved?

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that solved your issue.This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Best Regards,

Mona Lv

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by JimmyJ73 Tuesday, April 30, 2019 2:50 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by JimmyJ73 Tuesday, April 30, 2019 2:50 PM
    Thursday, April 18, 2019 8:50 AM