none
Migrating to ReportViewer 2010 from 2008, having issues! RRS feed

• General discussion

• Just installed VS2010, spend the afternoon migrating my project and everything is working but the reports.  If I keep them in the 2008 format, everything does work as well as keeping the old versoin 9.0.0.0 DLLs referenced.  However I tried to upgrade to the new format and the file conversion did work, but now the page just keep refreshing and refreshing.  If I turn off Asyc, I get the first page of my results, but the next button just reloads the same data.  I can see it making calls to load the page in the background.

Anyway I must be missing something, currently I am running in local report mode, I have a ReportViewer control on the form, I added the ScriptManager, the page load goes and grabs all the data, then supply it like:

Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportParameter p1 = new Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportParameter();
                p1.Name = "DateRange";
                p1.Values.Add(StartDate.ToShortDateString() + " - " + EndDate.ToShortDateString());

ReportViewer1.LocalReport.ReportPath = "Content\\Reports\\SalesReport.rdlc";
                ReportViewer1.LocalReport.SetParameters(new Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportParameter[] { p1 });
                ReportViewer1.LocalReport.DataSources.Add(new Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportDataSource("SalesReportData_SalesReportData", (System.Data.DataTable)ds._SalesReportData));

This was all I had to do in the 2008 version, what am I missing?

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 9:26 PM

All replies