none
How can a simulated camera capture images after the VSE window is minimized. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, all.  My simulated camera can capture images if the VSE window is shown. But after the VSE window is minimized, the simulated camera stops to capture new images(camera.RecentImage is false). How could I keep the simulated camera rendering even while the VSE window is minimized or the main camera is not rendering.

Thanks a lot.

Monday, October 28, 2013 6:34 AM

Answers

• I believe you've stumbled onto a bug in sim. I can repro that, with the main window minimized, none of the simulated camera services get updates. I think the only workaround may be to simply *not* minimize the main window.

The physics engine is still running and odometry, etc. are still reporting correctly. For example, you can minimize, drive around and see odometry and IR/Sonar updates, etc. (assuming such a robot). And upon bringing up the sim window, the robot has in fact driven. It seems to be that any visual services (simulated depth and RGB cameras, ...) cease to get messages in the mean time.

Monday, November 11, 2013 7:23 PM

All replies

• Hi Robert,

What is VSE?

Monday, October 28, 2013 9:39 PM
  • VSE is Microsoft Visual Simulation Environment (VSE). 

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 1:36 AM
  • I believe you've stumbled onto a bug in sim. I can repro that, with the main window minimized, none of the simulated camera services get updates. I think the only workaround may be to simply *not* minimize the main window.

The physics engine is still running and odometry, etc. are still reporting correctly. For example, you can minimize, drive around and see odometry and IR/Sonar updates, etc. (assuming such a robot). And upon bringing up the sim window, the robot has in fact driven. It seems to be that any visual services (simulated depth and RGB cameras, ...) cease to get messages in the mean time.

Monday, November 11, 2013 7:23 PM
  • Thank you very much.

*Not* minimizing main window is what we are doing now.

But our real problem is -- the VSE 4 is running on a cloud server. Even we don't minimize its main window, the camera is still not updating. To make the camera update, we must monitor the cloud server remotely and can't turn off the PC's screen. Thus  the cloud server and another PC must keep running at the same time for providing an virtual IP camera service.  It is big troublesome for us.  We hope it can be fixed.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 1:59 AM