Beginner - How do I open an entire web site - simple terms RRS feed

• Question

• I really do not know html or anything, but created a very basic site with Frontpage 2000 many years ago.  Recently I opened Frontpage and saw my navigational structure was gone, links, theme, buttons, my whoe navigation.  Since it was correct of the internet, I realize that this is just the file on my pc so I deleted the file.  I purchased EW3 and now have both Frontpage and EW3 installed on my pc.  I do not know how to open my current website to that I can make changes.  I have went to the import wizard and imported the site, but my links, theme, buttons are not there.  I have seen on these forums that the correct way is to actually open the site in EW3 and then publish it to my hard drive.  The problem I am having is that when I go to File and click open it brings up the open file dialog box and I can only select a drive on my computer to go to and does not show anywhere that I can connect to the web to open my site.  There is no place for me to type in a url address.  If I type it into the file name place, it only searches my pc, not the web.  So how do I open up my website and then publish to my hard drive.  Please use easy terms and click by click instructions.  Thank You so much in advance for your help.

Monday, August 9, 2010 5:39 PM

Answers