none
[WP8.1] Run my app both windows universal 10 and windows universal 8.1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am new in Windows universal app.I want to create a windows 10 universal project.Now my client said that it also compile with 8.1 universal.It's possible?If possible how i can done with that. Please it's very urgent for me.

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 9:22 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Welcome to the Developing Universal Windows apps forum!

Please read the sticky posts, especially the Guide to posting: subject line tags and Known Issues for Windows 10 SDK and Tools 

If you create UWP app it can work in all windows 10 devices..

If you create U8.1 app it work on windows phone 8.1-10 and windows 8.1-10 

But UWP app can't work on  windows 8.1 and windows phone 8.1 therefore you should create two project

UWP and U8.1 

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 2:00 PM
  • Hi Sudip,

Windows 10 seems like a big change. Windows 10 introduces several new APIs and concepts ( like some new API's) that are not available on Windows 8.1,So you can't run windows 10 universal project on windows 8.1...Simply it is not possible according my knowledge. 

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 5:03 AM
  • Hi Sudip Das1,

>>” Now my client said that it also compile with 8.1 universal.It's possible?”

I agree with Azat.Tazayan and Siddhanath’s points. The Universal 8.1 app can run in windows 10. But the Universal Windows Platform App cannot run in windows 8.x.

So if you have developed Universal windows 10 app, and you want to run it in windows 8.1. I’m afraid that you would need to create a new universal windows 8.1 app project and compile it.

This document about “Build a Universal Windows 8 app” would be helpful to you.

Best Regards,

Xavier Eoro

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 6:19 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Welcome to the Developing Universal Windows apps forum!

Please read the sticky posts, especially the Guide to posting: subject line tags and Known Issues for Windows 10 SDK and Tools 

If you create UWP app it can work in all windows 10 devices..

If you create U8.1 app it work on windows phone 8.1-10 and windows 8.1-10 

But UWP app can't work on  windows 8.1 and windows phone 8.1 therefore you should create two project

UWP and U8.1 

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 2:00 PM
  • Hi Sudip,

Windows 10 seems like a big change. Windows 10 introduces several new APIs and concepts ( like some new API's) that are not available on Windows 8.1,So you can't run windows 10 universal project on windows 8.1...Simply it is not possible according my knowledge. 

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 5:03 AM
  • Hi Sudip Das1,

>>” Now my client said that it also compile with 8.1 universal.It's possible?”

I agree with Azat.Tazayan and Siddhanath’s points. The Universal 8.1 app can run in windows 10. But the Universal Windows Platform App cannot run in windows 8.x.

So if you have developed Universal windows 10 app, and you want to run it in windows 8.1. I’m afraid that you would need to create a new universal windows 8.1 app project and compile it.

This document about “Build a Universal Windows 8 app” would be helpful to you.

Best Regards,

Xavier Eoro

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 6:19 AM