none
SB Community Program RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hey guys!

I would like to show you my newest program! It is called SmallBasic Community Program.

It's about us, the programmers of Small Basic. You can find there all programmers who want get an entry. At the moment is there only me.

I think you ask yourself now: "Hmmm, ok but for what is this program?"

My idea was, that new members can contact the programmers in who are in the program. So they don't have to write for every small question a new thread. And the programmers can give them tutorials, examples, etc..

I hope you like it. :)

Here is the download link.

Please post in this thread if you would like to get an entry in my program. If you want this, send me a text like I wrote about me via e-mail. My e-mail adress is at my entry in the program.

Enjoy!

Greetings Timo

Friday, November 23, 2012 5:54 PM

All replies

• This is interesting. Can I get more info without having to experiment and figure it out? Like screenshots, explanations of what the program does, how it works, etc.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Saturday, November 24, 2012 5:36 AM
    Owner
  • Here are some screenshots:

That's the welcome screen.

That's my profile. Your will look like this one, but of course with other information and another picture which u can choose.

I think you see the buttons in the background. The "H" is for Home. So you can turn back everytime to the welcome side. I think "Back" and "Next" are clearly. You can move with them to the profiles. The "Language" button is to change the language. At the moment are there two languages: English and German. But I would like if there comes more. Like French.

Now the program is for starters of SmallBasic. Some of them don't want to register at the forums or don't speak English. This program is there to help them. They can look at the profiles and say:"Wow he speaks my language. Perhaps I can ask him what I did false." I plan to integrate some small tutorials later too. So they have the basics inside one program + the chance to contact a programmer who can help them.

I hope this is what you want to know Ed Price. :)

EDIT:

You don't have to give me every information (like the nationality). If you don't want to say this, write this in your text. Then I will make a  /  at this part.

Greetings Timo

• Edited by Timo Sö Saturday, November 24, 2012 7:30 AM
    Saturday, November 24, 2012 7:17 AM
  • And here is one more screenshot!

If you want to be there, write a text like I did in my profile and post it here or send it to me via e-mail.

Greetings Timo

Saturday, November 24, 2012 7:28 AM
  • Cool! I was wondering if all of that information if required. Also, maybe you could host all the information on a website server (I did this with a Minecraft program guide once) and it gets the information from off the internet. It is pretty easy! All you have to do is download the file to a temp file when the program starts, read the info, and delete it once you close the program.

-Noah J. Buscher "You just need a spark to start a fire."

Saturday, November 24, 2012 3:45 PM
  • I could do this too. But I have two points, why I like it more to don't do this.

1) You will need everytime Internet if you want use the program.

2) I am very bad in making websites.

But I think I could use your idea later to make automatically updates. :)

But first I need some persons who would like to be in the program. And it doesn't look like anyone want this.

Greetings Timo

• Edited by Timo Sö Saturday, November 24, 2012 6:20 PM
    Saturday, November 24, 2012 6:20 PM