Making a booking calendar in Excel RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am looking to make a booking system in Excel but am not sure where to start. This is what I need.

The user needs to be able to select how many days they would like to book for, minimum 1 and maximum 7.

Then, they need to be able to choose the actual dates. Once they have chosen those dates, they need to no longer be available for selection by anybody else.

E.g.

I select three days, then choose the dates 1st to 3rd March, whenever the spreadsheet is used afterwards, those dates should no longer be available.

Any help/tips/pointers etc would be much appreciated. thanks a lot.

Sunny.

Sunday, January 25, 2015 7:41 PM

Answers

• Hi sunnycorleone,

Based on the description, you want to create a booking system in Excel.

In my option, the Excel is not much suitabled to use for the complex system, I suggest that you consider using Access instead. And you can search on the internet, there are many samples booking system.

Also if you still want to use Excel, here are some uselful links for you learning about Excel developing:

Concepts (Excel 2013 developer reference)

How to: Create a Scheduling Calendar Workbook

Object model reference (Excel 2013 developer reference)

Hope it is helful.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 2:12 AM