none
How to detect sound source position with two kinects?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I am currently working on a project using kinect to locate the sound source position and I am new in kinect. I am able to get the position of source of sound using the Kinect AudioExplorer (C++) sample from Kinect SDK. Now I want to use two kinects simultaneously on the same application. What should I do for that purpose?? I am stuck here.. Please help me..

Thanks,

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 4:28 AM

Answers

• The Kinect beamforming api's will only provide data in reference to a single sensor. If you are using another sensor, then you will need to come up with some calibration / triangulation to techniques to recreate a world space that has both sensors in it. Based on the angles you get from the two, you should be able to triangulate.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 6:51 PM

All replies

• The Kinect beamforming api's will only provide data in reference to a single sensor. If you are using another sensor, then you will need to come up with some calibration / triangulation to techniques to recreate a world space that has both sensors in it. Based on the angles you get from the two, you should be able to triangulate.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 6:51 PM
  • Sir, thank you for your answer. But sir I am complete new in this field. Can you please tell me what is that triagnulation techniques? Can you give me some coding help?

Thank you

• Edited by monu11 Thursday, February 13, 2014 9:14 AM
    Thursday, February 13, 2014 4:06 AM