none
Detect when user enters start and end point directions in maps V8 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I am making a map application on my website and I am trying to have a div show right before the directions are loaded. My issue is I cannot figure out how to detect when the To and From places are entered. I am using Bing Maps V8. I understand how to show/hide a div. What I don't know is what event in Bing Maps API is triggered when the directions are being rendered. The default setting of the map is when both locations are entered from auto-complete the map automatically loads directions. I wanted to know if there is some event that gets triggered that I can attach a show/hide event to.

Thanks in advance, below is my basic setup of the map.

I have the default setup for directionsManager module loaded. Along with all the default setting of the map from the bing web control documentation page. 

Microsoft.Maps.loadModule('Microsoft.Maps.Directions', function () {

var directionsManager = new Microsoft.Maps.Directions.DirectionsManager(map);
                directionsManager.setRenderOptions({
                    itineraryContainer: document.getElementById('printoutPanel'),              
                });

directionsManager.showInputPanel('directionsInputContainer');
            });

Friday, July 29, 2016 8:10 PM

Answers

All replies