problem creating a new transactional publication RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm creating a new transactional publication and when the process begins to add articles i got the follow error:

* SQL Server Management Studio could not create article 'Tbl_Menu'. (New Publication Wizard)

------------------------------
     ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)

------------------------------

Automatic identity range support is useful only for publications that allow updating subscribers.
     Changed database context to 'sodimprumde4'. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 21231)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=09.00.3042&EvtSrc=MSSQLServer&EvtID=21231&LinkId=20476

Thanks for any help, If anyone know how to resolve this problem.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 8:28 PM

All replies

• Replication seems to thing that this table should have automatic identity range management features enabled on it?

can you script out the publication and paste it here?

Also is this table part of a merge, or an updateable subcribers publication?
    Wednesday, October 24, 2007 12:51 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Hilary,

You are right, the primary key of this table was created like identity, and also this table is part of a merge publication, but yesterday i tried removing the merge publication and creating first the transactional publication but got the same error.

right now i can't script it because I do not have access to the server until tomorrow.

Any case, if you or someone else can bring any help, thanks...

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 2:20 PM