Push Notification with signalR in iOS (React Native) RRS feed

• Question

• User-10225690 posted

<g class="gr_ gr_14 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="14" data-gr-id="14">im</g> new to <g class="gr_ gr_15 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="15" data-gr-id="15">signalR</g> and Push Notification in <g class="gr_ gr_16 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="16" data-gr-id="16">signalR</g>.

Now i wish to implement Push Notification in iOS

First, is it possible to implement <g class="gr_ gr_11 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="11" data-gr-id="11">signalR</g> Push Notification in iOS? or even in React Native (without APNS)

<g class="gr_ gr_78 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" id="78" data-gr-id="78">i'm</g> having trouble to receive Push Notification with <g class="gr_ gr_13 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="13" data-gr-id="13">signalR</g>.

Here is the thread I open <g class="gr_ gr_26 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar replaceWithoutSep" id="26" data-gr-id="26">in</g> SO

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/48479480/where-is-the-best-place-to-call-api-and-where-should-i-call-push-notification

Monday, February 12, 2018 5:02 PM

All replies

• User61956409 posted

Hi keatwei,

This github article with example shows how to connect to SignalR-server with a active websocket-connection from react-native, it might be helpful.

Besides, SignalR will push notification to only connecting clients, if the client is not connecting when SignalR hub server push data/notification, that client will miss that notification even if it connect to hub  next time.

With Regards,

Fei Han

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 9:03 AM
  • User-10225690 posted

Hi Fei Han

Yup, <g class="gr_ gr_45 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" id="45" data-gr-id="45">i</g> do use the <g class="gr_ gr_32 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="32" data-gr-id="32">github</g> package u mention.
    The app able to receive the data when the app is load, but not able to receive from the background(when the app is close) * which push notification should do
    Do you know any related resources about SignalR and iOS?

Monday, February 19, 2018 3:05 AM
  • User61956409 posted

Hi keatwei,

The app able to receive the data when the app is load, but not able to receive from the background(when the app is close)

Yes, SignalR server will push messages to only clients that connecting to the hub server, if your client app is close, it can not receive messages that pushed by server.

Notification Hubs can help send push notifications to any platform from any back end, you can check the documentation to know more information.

With Regards,

Fei Han

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 7:43 AM