OperationTimedOut / ServerBusy errors just happening too often RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I've read all the details on the reasons why OperationTimedOut & ServerBusy errors occur, i.e. moving from machine to another during high load. But I wanted to voice that I think this needs to be improved.

We've built mission critical software ontop of table storage, and we get these errors on a daily basis. Yes, they only happen for 10 seconds at a time, but during that 10 seconds we can get up to 100 failed queries, updates, inserts etc. which has an huge impact on our clients.

I contacted support about the issue, but their response was that simply that you were "within the SLA". I understand the SLA is in place from a compensation perspective, but in reality any cloud provider should strive for 100% uptime.

I'm sure I'll get a slew of flames for posting this, but for us, having parts of our DB randomly go down each day for 10-20 secs just isn't good enough.

Cheers,
    Anthony.

Friday, November 19, 2010 3:11 AM

Answers

• Hi Anthony,

Can you provide your account name and we will have a look at this. You can email it to jharidas at microsoft.

Thanks,
    Jai

Friday, November 19, 2010 6:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Anthony,

Can you provide your account name and we will have a look at this. You can email it to jharidas at microsoft.

Thanks,
    Jai

Friday, November 19, 2010 6:22 PM
  • Thanks Jai. I've emailed you our account details & our most recent errors.

Cheers,
    Anthony.

Saturday, November 20, 2010 2:20 AM