none
Passing a parameter value to a report (reportviewer) RRS feed

• Question

• Using WinForms and C# (VS 2005) I have written a report (reportviewer) that I can call/execute from a form.

Now I want to pass a parameter to the form.  Can someone tell me how to do this in C#.

If I add a parameter to the report (designer) when I run it it runs fine (it asks for parameter value) but if I then try to run it from a form it gives me an error msg.  I assume I have to set the parameter value before calling the form/report but I have no clue how to do it.

Note: I've only be at this for a week

• Moved by Larcolais Gong Wednesday, July 13, 2011 5:57 AM (From:Visual C# General)
    Tuesday, July 12, 2011 6:18 PM

Answers

• Try a forum that covers the report viewer. They are too many report viewers from different report venders (MSDN magazine advertises a lot of them for years).

If you use the Visual Studio Report Controls, visit http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/vsreportcontrols/threads/.

This forum does not cover class libraries.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    • Marked as answer by JHab Tuesday, August 9, 2011 10:16 AM
    Tuesday, July 12, 2011 6:49 PM