none
Not able to start Host Instances RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I am getting below error in the event viewer whenever I try to start the host instances.

Error message: Could not allocate a new page for database 'tempdb' because of insufficient disk space in filegroup 'PRIMARY'. Create the necessary space by dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup.
     Error source:  
     BizTalk host name: CCProcess
     Windows service name: BTSSvc$CCProcess 
     Additional error information:
     Error code: 0x80040e14
     Error source: BizTalk Server
     Error description: A failure occurred when executing a Windows service request.
     Service request: Start 
     BizTalk host name: CCProcess
     Windows service name: BTSSvc$CCProcess 
     Error code: 0xc0c0153a
     Error source: BizTalk Server
     Error description: A BizTalk subservice has failed while executing a service request.
     Subservice: Caching Service
     Service request: Start 
     Error code: 0x80131500
     Error source: Microsoft.BizTalk.CachingService
    Saturday, August 20, 2016 9:09 AM

Answers

•  

Hi Raman,

This issue is with SQL Db. You will have to involve Sql Server Admins to get this fixed.

For startup you can refer the post: http://www.networksteve.com/forum/topic.php/Could_not_allocate_a_new_page_for_database_'TEMPDB'_because_of_i/?TopicId=89904&Posts=2

1) Please ensure you have enough physical space on the Sql Server.

2) Problem could be that transaction log for your target db is growing too big and is starving the rest of the system. I would also check the properties on the target db for recovery model.  

I would query sys.databases and look at the recovery_model_desc property.  If it is not SIMPLE, then you may need to do a transaction log back up so that the transaction log will stop growing.

As a general rule, the tempdb database files should be physically separate from the user data files and transaction log files, on a dedicated disk array.

3) Logon on to Sql server. Go to Sql Server Configuration Manager. Under Sql Server Services-> Stop and Start the Sql Server service. 

Rachit Sikroria (Microsoft Azure MVP)

Saturday, August 20, 2016 9:27 AM

All replies