none
pixel reading RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone

I try to make a project where I read the pixels from 4 bitmaps, and after display the in the 3d space.

I think about gathering the pixels in a database according to their position and after arranging them in a matrix according to their position. After this I want to display them in the 3d space.

I would like to know what would be the best approach to do this and maybe someone has a better idea.

Thanks 

Thursday, January 7, 2016 7:08 PM

Answers

• Hi Eduard,

I agree more with Wyck. Here I found thread A function like “glReadPixels” in DirectX / SharpDX

Please check the marked answer if it works for you.

Best regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Eduard77 Friday, January 8, 2016 4:28 PM
    Friday, January 8, 2016 5:40 AM

All replies

• Consider using OpenGL or Direct3D for 3D rendering.

The vocabulary you are using shows you have an unfamiliarity with graphics.  And as such, your ideas are not conveyed clearly or concisely.  Please describe more clearly what it is that you want to do.

Keep in mind that, in general, rendering a textured polygon in 3D lets you accomplish just about anything, and that's the basics of what the graphics API expects you to describe: polygons and texture maps.

The stuff you say about databases scares me.  And the stuff about "matrix" and "arranging them according to their position" is very vague.

Thursday, January 7, 2016 8:00 PM
  • Hello

Thanks for your answer.

Indeed I'm not familiar with graphics.

Basically what I try to do is exactly what max3d does by creating a 3d object using bitmaps as guides, but I want to make this pragmatically in c#.

Thursday, January 7, 2016 8:20 PM
  • Hi Eduard,

I agree more with Wyck. Here I found thread A function like “glReadPixels” in DirectX / SharpDX

Please check the marked answer if it works for you.

Best regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Eduard77 Friday, January 8, 2016 4:28 PM
    Friday, January 8, 2016 5:40 AM
  • I have read the article but is quite extensive.

It doesn't solve all my problems but it's a good way to start.

Thanks 

Friday, January 8, 2016 4:28 PM
  • If you want a very simple way of displaying a simple 3D object in your application, consider writing a WPF application and follow along with this example.

There are many "how to" topics for doing 3D in WPF.

Saturday, January 9, 2016 4:42 AM