custom gina.dll RRS feed

• Question

•  

hi all,

i want to create my gina.dll that makes user logon to his account as msgina makes but i want to add another option that if user forget his password, he can insert disk recovery that has all the user information to log him on without inserting his username or password from the keyboard. so the user can logon to his windows account through two ways: the first one is entering his username and password to logon screen and the second one is inserting recovery disk which has all information required to log him on.

I am newbie in windows xp programming so i hope that you can help me. I need some hints tell me how to begin and i need lot of information about functions of gina and functions of winlogon. if you have some sample code that will help me more.

thank you very much.

Saturday, April 26, 2008 4:43 AM

Answers

• Although I don't necessarily think that this is a task for a newbie, you may want to take a look at the following:

Sunday, April 27, 2008 1:35 AM
  • As I indicated...in order to deal with a custom GINA you certainly need to understand the underlying basics...and this is no 1-hour explanation job. You may want to take a look at the following:

There is even more information around the web....so fire up your favorite search engine and you should find enough to keep you busy for a while...
    Sunday, April 27, 2008 2:23 PM

All replies

• Although I don't necessarily think that this is a task for a newbie, you may want to take a look at the following:

Sunday, April 27, 2008 1:35 AM
  • thank you very much for your replying. I am really newbie in this subject and i need it in my graduation project. so i need explanation for the code of msgina and how it's functions works to implement a new full gina.

I read the the previous articles but i didn't understand what contain well.

thanks in advance.

Sunday, April 27, 2008 6:02 AM
  • As I indicated...in order to deal with a custom GINA you certainly need to understand the underlying basics...and this is no 1-hour explanation job. You may want to take a look at the following:

There is even more information around the web....so fire up your favorite search engine and you should find enough to keep you busy for a while...
    Sunday, April 27, 2008 2:23 PM
  • Hi,
    i want to create my gina.dll that makes user logon to his account as msgina makes but i want to add another option that if user forget his password, he must able to Browse a web site and reset the password. I want to place web site link in the Clt+Alt+Delete

As i am new to the Gina please help me in setting up gina for Xp,2003 server and NT 4.0

Thursday, July 2, 2009 1:18 PM
  • Hi Andreas Masur,

I wanted to know that can we customize the Gina dll for Windows Server 2008.
                   Thanks in advance.

Regards
    Agrawal

Thursday, January 24, 2013 9:01 AM