none
[VS2019][Xamarin]App deployment fails due to android emulator RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings All,

I've just installed and updated VS2019 (16.1.0) and am trying out Xamarin Forms. At this point I should tell you that I'm completely new to Xamarin Forms, and Android for that matter, so please forgive my ignorance of them. Anyway, I decided that I would start by creating the app outlined in MS Xamarin docs "Build your first Xaramin.Forms App" (link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/get-started/first-app/?pivots=windows) and having followed all of the instructions I attempted to run/debug the app. The first emulator I tried was the "VisualStudio_android-23_arm_phone(Android 6.0 - API 23)". I then tried the "VisualStudio_android-23_x86_phone(Android 6.0 - API 23)". The app failed to deploy to both of these emulators with exactly the same error as follows:

ADB0060: There is not enough storage space on the device to store package: /data/local/tmp/Mono.Android.DebugRuntime-debug.apk. Free up some space and try again.
       at Mono.AndroidTools.Internal.AdbOutputParsing.CheckInstallSuccess(String output, String packageName)
       at Mono.AndroidTools.AndroidDevice.<>c__DisplayClass95_0.<InstallPackage>b__0(Task`1 t)
       at System.Threading.Tasks.ContinuationTaskFromResultTask`1.InnerInvoke()
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()

Can anyone tell me what's going on here and, more importantly, how I can fix the problem?

Kind regards,

RobDev

Thursday, May 23, 2019 2:56 PM

All replies

• Hi RobDev,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

According to the description, it seems your issue is about the Xamarin.Forms development and our forum is to discuss the VS IDE, please redirect to this appropriate forum: https://forums.xamarin.com/categories/xamarin-forms for better support, thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, May 24, 2019 9:40 AM
  • Hi Sara,

many thanks for your reply. I don't see why you think that this is a Xamarin.Forms development problem. I created and built the app with VS2019 and I tried to debug the app with VS2019. VS2019 triggered the android emulator and it also reported the error that I stated. I'm not sure where the demarcation lines are drawn here but, surely, if VS2019 is responsible for initiating the debug/emulator processing then isn't it responsible for setting up the android emulator environment with enough memory so the error doesn't happen?

The link you sent me for forms.xamarin.com; is that a Microsoft website?

Kind regards,

RobDev

Friday, May 24, 2019 1:38 PM
  • Hi All,

can someone else shed some light on this problem - please?

I reported it to forums at Xamarin.com and have not received a reply yet. In fact they haven't even posted my question on their forum (I don't know why - I haven't heard anything from them at all).

Can anybody else help - please?

Kind regards,

RobDev

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 3:15 PM
  • Hi Rob,

Sorry for the delay reply.

The Xamarin forum is the official support forum and more professional for the cross platform development, if you have any VS IDE usage issues and we will try our best to help you research it, thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, June 5, 2019 6:12 AM
  • Hi Sara,

many thanks for your reply. As you can see from my previous entry, I tried reporting the issue to the Xamarin forum and didn't even get question 'posted' to the forum. I've tried contacting them via email to find out why but I haven't even received an acknowledgment let alone an answer. According to their forum; I haven't asked any questions at all.

I did post my question here, in the Visual Studio General Questions forum, because it is not specifically related to the VS IDE but is more concerned with VS debugging. I would be very grateful if you (or anybody else) could provide some assistance with this problem as it has completely prevented me from testing/debugging any Xamarin development I undertake and I don't know who else to turn to.

I've just found this link to the Xamarin Forms forum regarding what they think people should do if they have VS/Xamarin problems

https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/125733/reporting-bugs-in-visual-studio-with-xamarin

it looks to me like they're just washing their hands their responsibilities.

Kind regards,

RobDev

• Edited by RobDev Wednesday, June 5, 2019 3:22 PM More Info
    Wednesday, June 5, 2019 2:31 PM
  • Hi Rob,

Sorry for this inconvenience.

Did you still not get any support form the Xamarin Forms forum? For the debugging issue, please redirect to this appropriate forum: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=vsdebug.

If you have any other VS IDE issues, please feel free to let us know.

Have a nice day.

Best regards,

Sara

Thursday, June 13, 2019 6:32 AM